Monday, October 19, 2009

Frequently Asked Questions:

Climbing Wall Questions:

How tall is the wall?
  • It is a 40ft Nicros Art Wall that looks like and simulates real rock in this region.
Who is allowed to climb at Hocking Colleges Climbing Wall?
  • Any currently enrolled student, staff or faculty with Hocking College Id
  • Any one that has purchased a day pass for the Student Center, Day passes are available at the front desk for $5
  • All climbers must have a waiver on file
  • Groups larger then five need to call ahead
What about children who want to climb? Age limit or size limit?
  • Children under 12 are required to be under adult supervision. The supervision must remain in the lobby near the climbing wall.
  • All climbers must have a waiver on file, the legal guardian needs to have filled out the waiver for participants under 18 years of age
  • We do not have an age or size limit. They must be able to properly fit into our safety equipment, the staff worker can size up individuals and they know if our equipment fits properly.
What gear do you supply for the wall?
We can supply...
  • Shoes
  • Harness
  • Helmets
  • Belay devices
We do not supply...
  • Chalk bags or chalk
  • Finger Tape
What does all of the tape on the wall mean?
  • The tape on the wall is used to indicate route or paths up the wall. To make it more challenging to the climber may only touch the indicated holds with his hands and feet. See the route board to the right of the wall for difficulty ratings and route locations.
How do I use the Ice Wall or Rappel Platform?
  • Both the Ice Wall and Rappel Platform are reserved for our classes and instructional use. Students can take a PACE climbing class that allows the to use both during the class. The Rappelling is also offered periodically during the quarter to everyone, during these times anyone can rappel.
Do you program for birthday parties?
  • Yes. Contact Outdoor Pursuits Coordinator for more details.
Who do I contact if I want to bring a group to the climbing wall?
  • Tim Rice - Outdoor Pursuits Coordinator
    740-753-6541 or rice_t@hockingedu

General Outdoor Pursuits Questions:

How do I sign up for a trip or event?
  • Stop by the Outdoor Pursuits Office, Student Center 202. You can sign to be on the information list for free. However trip payment or deposit is required to reserve your spot on the trip. Trips are first come, first serve.

Who do I contact if I want more Information about a trip or event?
  • Tim Rice - Outdoor Pursuits Coordinator
    740-753-6541 or rice_t@hockingedu

No comments: